Posts by Foster Dog

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Spit Spat

Just a quick update today.

Late this afternoon, Aggie and Penny had a bit of a spat. Not sure what kicked it off, but I suspect either Penny was trying to play and Aggie misread it or Aggie turned around and stepped on her.

Anyway, there's were some words exchanged between the two of them. And, since it happened at the file cabinet right where I sit, my reaction was immediate. Much chastisement and finger wagging, and even Aggie, who couldn't hear what I was saying, got the message pronto.

Penny bounced back pretty fast, and I really suspect she didn't really start it. I know she was on the bottom and with no teeth, it's no contest. She came running to me for protection, so I really think Aggie was the prime mover.

She knows, though, that that sort of behavior is completely unacceptable, and she spent most of the evening being very meek and insignificant. It wasn't until about 30 minutes ago that she figured out she was out of hot water.

Also, the Basset that was being transported with Aggie broke with canine influenza on Monday and is very sick. I believe there was little to no contact between the two dogs. IIRC, Sue said she drove up and picked the Basset up and then turned around and delivered it to Ft. Worth and then came down to Hillsboro to meet us. **fingers crossed** If nothing turns up by Saturday, I think Aggie will be safe from that. I'm still expecting a URI, but I might just be worrying for nothing, and there's nothing that says it has to be major. Still I'll watch for it.

That's about it for this update. I'm feeling really icky, so it's hard to stay focused enough to write up how the day has gone.