Posts by Foster Dog

Friday, July 15, 2011

Fingers crossed

I got in touch with the fine folks at All Texas Dachshund Rescue, and I had my initial phone interview with them today to become a foster parent for their group.

What has happened is that the financial situation at the HSCT shelter has become so dire that they're asking foster parents to pick up the cost of vet visits if they are unable to treat the animal at the shelter through their staff.

Because of the medical bills we accrued when I was treated for cancer three years ago, we are just not able to do that. I wish we could because Randall and I both love fostering, and we particularly like making a difference in a local dog's life.

For now, though, that's just not looking likely. So we're hoping that we will pass the test with ATDR and be able to foster through them. We're still going to foster a senior dog, so stay tuned. There will hopefully be a new picture gracing that right hand column soon.