Posts by Foster Dog

Monday, January 17, 2011

Update January 17, 2011

Bit of confusion this morning taking Snickers out to the shelter for a look-see by a vet tech. Randall missed them, so when I called Kris and told her what was up, she told me to call Dr. Walthall's clinic and set up an appointment to get him seen to.

Talked to Melody a few minutes ago, and Snickers is set for a neuter and a MUCH needed dental tomorrow morning. We'll get him out there around 9:30, and then should be able to come get him around 4:00.

This is good because there is no way this little boy would be adopted with the mouth he has. **fingers crossed** that we're looking at a good cleaning and only a few teeth needing to be pulled. He's a sweet, sweet boy, but his breath would knock you off your feet.

When I talked with Kris, I had her change his kennel card to reflect that he's a mini-smooth, not a standard smooth. I also asked her to please cross post this blog when Snickers gets out on the shelter's site. With any luck, I'll also be able to get some new and good pictures of him later this week so she can use them.

That's about it, really. I'm just really happy he's going to get his mouth seen to. IMO, that is more important than the neuter. He'll make someone a wonderful little pet, but no one is going to want him without a better mouth.

I may not make another update until tomorrow after we pick him up from the clinic.