Posts by Foster Dog

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

HW treatment starting today (Penny)

Penny is starting her heartworm treatment today.

Since immiticide is no where to be found, her treatment will consist of a heartworm preventative every two weeks, and a round of doxycycline for two weeks on and two weeks off. This will go on for some time, but she doesn't have a heavy infestation, and I've got Pred here in case she starts coughing.

Aggie will also need the same course of treatment, but I'm not going to start it until I see how well Penny is handling hers. I'd prefer not to have to problem children at the same time. I suspect I'll start Aggie's treatment in early December.

 I'll post updates on how this is going for Penny in here most likely weekly or bi-weekly unless there is some problem.

(Also, stay tuned for a special announcement on Saturday.)