Posts by Foster Dog

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Not a storm lover

Well, here's one more thing I can put down on OC's profile. He's not a storm baby.

We've had thunderstorms rolling through here for the last day or so, and OC isn't a fan. He doesn't want to go outside when it's raining (not surprising), but as importantly, he's not a fan of thunder.

He's not as bad as some dogs I've had that get really anxious when thunder is heard (panting, walking, whining, barking), but he comes in here where I am and lays behind my chair. He is clearly unhappy, but the only real response I'm seeing is that he wants to be in with me as opposed to laying on the pillow in the den with the other dogs.

So it's definitely something to keep in mind. He was quiet last night in his crate when we put everyone up for bed, but I want to keep an eye on this. It's not a big deal, but I do wonder if it will translate into disliking other loud noises.

Stay tuned.